Why taking action is the only way you'll ever know if you have the right idea.
December 02, 2024 | Read Online | Monday MGMT Minute: Avoid The 'What-If' Trap Why taking action is the only way you'll ever know if you have the right idea. |
| | | Read time: 1 minute | It's easy to fall into the What-If trap. | What if I should have taken a different path? What if I find an even better solution? What if I look like a fool for trying? What if I don't succeed?
| But the biggest problem with What-If is that your data is made up. | It's imagined. | It's completely fabricated and woven mostly from your fears. | The only antidote to this anxiety? | Take action. | Even a misstep will give you real feedback. And you'll improve the next one. And the next. | Soon you'll be somewhere unrecognizable. | Three years ago, we bought a business. And it blew up 6 weeks later. | In a last-minute moment of desperation, I signed up for Sahil Bloom's Twitter course the night before it started. I'm honestly not sure why it happened. | I had never posted, liked, or shared a single social media post. | And now I was going to commit to posting and engaging daily? | Flash forward three years: | You wouldn't be reading this if I hadn't taken action. I wouldn't have built a business 3x the one I lost. I'd probably have another 10-year job.
| And I'd spend those 10 years again wondering, "What-If?" | Use today to stop wondering and take a step forward. | For your family For your team For yourself
| Remember: Test & Iterate is undefeated against Worry & Wonder. | What's the one step you're going to take today? | Lead on, Dave & Mar | PS - Sometimes, the last minute is the best minute. There are still 24 hours to enroll in our MGMT Fundamentals program. | Join 70 high-trajectory leaders building the skills to outperform in 2025. And get coaching directly from us on your biggest management challenges. |
| | | | Update your email preferences or unsubscribe here © 2024 MGMT Playbook 228 Park Ave S, #29976, New York, New York 10003, United States | | | Terms of Service |
|
|
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment